Due to the rapid business expansion and forward integration YMI, located in Almere, is currently looking for a Product Engineer for the Engineering & Development team.
As a product engineer you will be responsible for the design of marine pleasure craft inboard diesel engine systems. The type of projects could include:
New product development, Value Improvement projects, Quality improvement projects, Boat tests, Assembly Support and Marketing Enhancements.
See Indeed.nl --> Yanmar Marine
- Responsible for marine pleasure craft diesel engine system layout, design and includes 3D modelling.
- Responsible to support OEM boatbuilders, sales and after sales.
- Responsible for understanding and maintaining the whole marine engine solution system layout and impact on other functional areas.
- Responsible to support in providing input to PV&V (Product Verification & Validation) testcases and review results.
In addition, you will:
- Produce and / or evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance of marine engine systems.
- Follow Engineering policies and procedures.
- Maintain models / drawings for engineering changes.
- Compile and structure the required information to document the design solution for building of prototypes and adaptation of the design with involvement of other engineers, supply- and sales management.
- Participates in studies in Engineering organization and technology development in his area.
- Work regularly with colleagues in different Yanmar business units across the world.
- Support engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for end –user information, such as: manual, charts, and product materials.
- Apply knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products.
- Gain and apply knowledge on customer needs, competitive systems, regulations and standards.
- Provide technical support and problem solving expertise to sales, manufacturing and supply management organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical and/or automotive (or equivalent)
- Interest in/ affinity for marine recreational applications
- Knowledge of CREO Pro engineer or similar 3D modeling software
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- The ability to work both independently and in an engineering team
- Self-motivator with strong attention to detail
Workbase is in Almere, therefore candidates must live within an acceptable distance and must have a permanent residence- and work permit for the Netherlands.
About the company
Founded in 1912, YANMAR has grown into a respected and trusted global manufacturer of highly advanced, efficient engine products and equipment, with over 20.000 employees and sales network operating in over 130 countries.
YANMAR Marine International (YMI) is the Global headquarters for the marine recreational egine business.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent